Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Monday, January 2, 2012

The pictures idea

I had a thought a few days ago. Pictures to document this journey. What is the "norm" on taking pictures with a surrogate? I feel after my journey through the surrogacy world thus far that the normal way of doing things is that surrogate and intended parents have a very business like relationship. Vanessa and I are far closer than that. I would love to have pictures to document this journey forever. Professional pictures though? Do people do that? should we do that? Is that cheesy?
 I go to Google to answer all of life's questions (Well, those questions that are not answered through prayer- either Google or prayer right?) These were the only pictures that google had of intended parents and surrogates together during pregnancy.

Icky and terribly cheesy!

Ok I guess, but not very personal.  Does not capture the miracle that surrogacy is.  Does not capture love.


Obviously this is a picture of a woman in India.  Indian Surrogates are very common.  From what I know, intended parents only get to meet the surrogate twice and don't have a relationship with her.  Lack of faces in this picture might have been mandatory for cultural or privacy reasons, but it sure is impersonal.

This picture is probably just an advertisement.  My guess is that this is not truly a surrogate and intended mother.  It is, however, a cute/happy picture.

I had to include this although this is off subject.  I just have to say that I am so excited for this moment in our lives!!!  

Holy cold.  And it makes the intended mother look so selfish.  "don't want to ruin my perfect body.  Her body is meant for pumping out babies-- my body is made to be perfect"

Cute picture.  Again, I'm thinking this is not an actual surrogate and intended mother.  

Seems like a very cold and selfish looking picture.  "we'll just sit here looking pretty while you grow our baby.  Let us know when you are done!"

Can you believe that that is the extent of pictures on the internet?  I talked to Vanessa tonight and we decided we'll get some professional pictures taken.  Nothing cheesy, just sentimental and something to remember this wonderful journey by.  If you have any good ideas for us, let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment