Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best gift ever

Vanessa gave me the best Christmas gift ever.  
I won't get too specific about the $ situation of our surrogacy in case Vanessa (or Clark) cares.  So lets just say I owe them varying amounts of money for different things at different times of the month.  Vanessa called me a week before Christmas and 1 day before I owed her a chunk of change.  She told me to not send the money to her, and instead to use that money for Christmas for my family.  She also told me to eliminate one of the other payments I owed her in the future and to use the money instead to come out  to Utah for the 20-week formal ultrasound.  (I accepted the elimination of the 1 payment, but not both).  I could not believe it.   What a great gift!  I've being going back and forth on going to Utah for the ultrasound. I've absolutely wanted to go. But I couldn't justify it when we are so tight with money right now.  It is hard not being a part of the pregnancy and having it be so far away from me (but not as hard as other things-- I'm not complaining).  I really want to go out for the ultrasound...and now I can and I will.  I'm so excited!  
In contrast to her wonderful gift to me, I got her a custom made maternity shirt.  I bought it back when we were having triplets.  Therefore it will be way too big for her.  It mentions on the shirt that she is carrying surrogate triplets. So yep, now it is a too-big and an factually incorrect shirt.  I'm sure Vanessa would post about it, but she probably doesn't want to embarrass me, so I'll go ahead and embarrass myself.  But, I have some great gift ideas for the future with which to redeem myself.  
Almost down to 200 days!!

PS-- I have to put a plug in for Clark (Vanessa's husband).  He has started hosting a show on Mitt Romney Radio.  I think it is pretty awesome.  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mittromneyradio/2011/12/31/mitt-romney-radio--clark-amundson--123011   Fridays 9pm EST



2 comments: