Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A child's prayer

I have to say that I love love love looking at pictures of Vanessa's fat belly and our ultrasound picture on her blog. I'm willing to bet that I'll be on her blog more than anyone else : )

My little Kiera (5) said the prayer at dinner last night. "...and Heavenly Father, please please PLEASE PLEASE help us to get a baby in our family. Give that baby to the doctor so he can put it in Vanessa's tummy and she can drive for a long drive in the car to Illinois and give that baby to us....."
I explained the process or surrogacy to Kiera back before the transfer and have not mentioned a word about it since. She remembers. We are waiting to tell her until we are further along... it is just too long to wait for muchkins.

Vanessa is wrong about one thing in her blog post. She said she imagined that this pregnancy is probably taking forever for S. and myself. Not so. We always comment to each other on how crazy fast it is all going. One must understand our background though: We've waited for 2 years to get this pregnancy...that is a lot of hard waiting. It is a line that never moves.... this is easy waiting because we are at least moving forward! Also, the biggest factor making this pregnancy speed by is the fact every day of my pregnancies felt like a week (very literally). Some days I was bad enough I wanted to die. And I'm not saying that for some sort of dramatic blog affect. I really did-- I was hospitalized on suicide watch. I don't exaggerate a bit when I say that it felt like my first pregnancy lasted about 5 years (my second maybe 3). This pregnancy is flying by. Baby will be here before we know it!

We are so very excited! I'm so excited to go and touch Vanessa's pregnant belly; to see him/her move on an ultrasound and know a gender. This is all a miracle and such a dream come true.

1 comment: