Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

nothing momentous....

I guess this is the part where my blog gets boring for the next 6 months or so.  All of the exciting major events happen at the beginning and the end.  Now we just hurry up at wait (at least I do-- Vanessa is a bit more involved).    So I guess I'll be digging for things to write about.
At this point I still have not told my 2 daughters.  I'm already glad that I didn't tell them we were having triplets.  I think I'll wait  a few more months to tell them just because July is forever away to a 3 and 5 year old.  But they pray every single day "and please help us to get a new baby in our family".
Thus far, my ward here has been very positive about the idea of surrogacy.  But I've only really announced it to my friends (the young crowd) and I told my bishop in a temple-recommend interview.    I'm waiting for the news to spread itself and I'm 100% prepared for any negative reactions.  At this point, after all we've been through I don't think a hundred negative reactions would change anything about how I feel about it.  I know that S. and I chose to do the right thing for our family and that we got our own spiritual confirmation.  The Lord knows the intents of our hearts.  He knows we are trying to perpetuate our family to follow his plan.  I don't feel like we are doing this for selfish reasons.  I feel like we are not messing with the boundries of families because the baby is 100% ours.
On a side note, I can't remember if I've ever blogged this fact or not, so I might as well say it now.  Once upon a time we asked our bishop if a surrogate baby would be born under the covenant.  He didn't know so he took it to the Stake President...who took it to the temple president...who took it to some member of the 1st presidency....    The answer that we got back from the bishop via the first presidency was that the baby would be born under the covenant and would not need to be sealed to us.  It makes me wonder what they would say about a traditional surrogate baby.  (I'll never know and that's ok I guess).  The fact that our baby is going to be sealed to us from the moment of birth just confirms to me once again that what we are doing is not wrong.  We are doing surrogacy the one and only right way.
I think about Vanessa and baby constantly and pray for them just as much.....and check her blog almost as much : )

1 comment:

  1. I think what you are doing is amazing. You are protecting your own health for the benefit of your family, and you are having a baby in a way that is BETTER for you and your family. I dont see what the big deal is. If I had to go through what you did, I would be looking into surrogacy as well. I mean seriously.... its a baby... and its YOURS. What is the problem. People who talk negatively about it need to shut the heck up. Rude nosey people who think they know it all.

    ReplyDelete