Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Friday, December 2, 2011

And the number is......

We are expecting Triplets!!!!  Due July 21st which probably means they'll arrive in May or June.  Babies will be born via our wonderful surrogate Vanessa.

I know that I'm going to have a few more people on my blog now that I've handed out this link so let me give a brief summary of how we got here:
As many already know, my pregnancies are horrific to say the least.  Our last one was life threatening and we've been advised to not attempt pregnancy again.  We were not content with our family size so we decided to use a surrogate.  We've been trying for the past 20 months(ish) to make it work and finally it has!  The 3 babies are all 100% mine and Steve's.  We are just renting a womb for a while.  This blog has thus far been documentation of our failures.  But hopefully now it will be a documentation of our journey to being parents again.
We are a little nervous, but even more excited about the prospects of triplets.  Our surrogate Vanessa who will be the one going through the misery and bed-rest of it has a very happy bring-it-on attitude which puts us at ease a bit.   Steve and I are SOOO very happy to finally be able to make such an announcement.
Oh, and just an FYI, I won't be posting anything about the surrogacy on facebook.  Come here to comment or ask questions.
Thanks for caring enough to check this out : )
Here we go.........

7 comments:

  1. YAY!! All 3 stuck and held on tight!! So excited for you!!! welcome to the handful club!! 5 kids!!! You already know the sex of the babies right? I thoughtI read it on here.. 2 boys and a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing what other families with triplets have to go through, your life will change dramatically. Congratulations. I can't wait until I can have them sleep over with cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, triplets ..that's a great blessing. Congratulations!! Soooo happy for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your link on FB, and sharing your story. I can't imagine what you have been through and I admire your strength and perseverance.
    Triplets, you've definitely earned them. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So happy for you, let me know what you might need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it was triplets! Thanks again for the call the other day. I'm soooooo excited for you guys. They are very photogenic little cell balls, if I must say so myself. They take after their parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your family are amazing. What a blessing and an act of faith and strength. Congratulations!! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

    ReplyDelete