Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Telling the kids (beware of long video)

Yesterday I read Lydia the scripture story about Enos. I told her that just like Enos, when we pray with faith, Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. She asked "and so we can get a baby in our family?!" I said yes. Then she asked "but mom, HOW does he get a baby for us???". I couldn't give her an answer that she wanted. She just kept asking, and I had to change the subject because I couldn't give her an answer that satisfied her.

Last night for Family Home Evening we told her our kids about the baby. I was so excited to tell them. We videoed it. Steve taught a short and very awkward lesson on pre-earth life and then told them (I'm guessing he was very awkward because he knew he was being filmed). Anyway, it is 7 minutes long, but here it is.



The best though was after we were done with FHE. We decided to have a special family prayer to thank Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. Kiera was asked to say the prayer. The prayer was at least 3 minutes long (super long for a 5 year old!) and it was so very sweet and sincere. Thanking Heavenly father for answering our prayers of faith. She told Heavenly Father how very excited she was to be a big sister again and she told him she will be the best big sister ever. I was wishing I was filming the prayer and just then S. nudged me and motioned that he wanted the camera, so I grabbed it off of the chair behind me and turned it on. Caught the last portion of it (with Kiera opening her eyes and aware she is being filmed) But it is still cute.



It is so fun to share our excitement as a family now!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the "there are already 3 girls in our family" part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I found your blog when searching for LDS surrogates. I absolutely love your story, even reading your worries and concerns. I have been approached by a family to be a surrogate and I'm trying to learn all that I can about their side of things before I commit. I have three kids of my own, two of them being twins. I know the struggles of infertility all too well as we tried for 4.5 years to have my son which was due to my husbands male infertility. We have been bless by two ivf attempts giving us three babies. We, too, are LDS and strive to live every day in the gospel. To surround ourselves with His love and example. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I absolutely love reading your story. It touched me so much. It truly made me want to help you bring another life into your arms and into your family. I know first hand how that longing can hurt, can ache to the depths of your soul. I am so happy that you have a growing little one and pray that he grows strong and healthy awaiting your meeting. You are so blessed and have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He OR she.. Happy ultrasound day!!!!

      (I say boy!)

      Delete