Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012


My friend Jessie threw me a baby shower.  It was so sweet of her to do.  I didn't  find out until I was loading up my trunk with gifts leaving that it was her birthday.  Very sweet of her.  
As you can see in the top picture, one of my good friends was 9 months pregnant (gave birth 2 days later).  Honestly it was a little weird not being pregnant for a baby shower.  I guess we celebrate fat tummies a bit at baby showers.  But, it was fun to have supportive friends help me celebrate our little one.  This is all making it so real and exciting!
My entire nursery is set up.  I'm ready to go.  I just want to be ready just in case.  If she were to go into labor tomorrow I'd be crazed just trying to pack and get to Utah.  No time for last minute baby prep.   I hope hope hope that all goes as planned and we are there for the delivery.  

Counting down the days....

1 comment: