Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Our journey in video


Thank you to my wonderful husband who made this video.  He made it with no input from me at all.  Good summary of our journey through  the past 5 years from the lows of my pregnancy to the highs of surrogacy.

His music choice is also perfect.  I can't tell you how many prayers we as a family have sent heavenward regarding this aspect of our life.  Prayer has been a huge part of this experience.  I am here to tell you that I know that the Lord answers our prayers of faith.  Thankfully, our story had a very happy ending.  But even if it had not, I still know that the Lord is mindful of us and knows what is best for us in the end since we are unable to see the big picture.
If you go back to the first posts of this blog, you notice I have a very "I'm-going-on-a-surrogacy-journey-it-will-be-fun!-come-along" type of attitude.  It was almost too easy: Sacrifice financially a bit (ok, a lot) and then bingo: you get a baby.  I think the Lord needed to make it take years and many failures and heart breaks to make it work.  We were going to quit last year.  We had made up our mind.  But Dr. Foulk gave us one more extreme step we could take to make it work.  It took fasting, prayer and a huge leap of faith but it worked.
I know that the Lord custom makes our trials for all of us.  They are designed to make a stronger, better people.  He chooses what will be most trying to us and put us on the verge of breaking...so we need him.  So that we can use the atonement of Christ to take the pain away.  The atonement is already completed: Christ suffered for not only our sins but also our pains both physical and emotional.  We don't have to carry the burden ourselves.  We just need to utilize the atonement.
I know that these trials and experiences have changed me.  I feel so much more sensitive to people around me who are suffering.  I've been learned patience and to rely on the Lord and less on myself.  I've learned to easily let other less eternity-altering trials go.  I don't even blink at a trial if it doesn't affect my family's eternity.

Thanks for coming caring enough to read my blog.  This is a beautiful ending to a long sad story. And we lived happily ever after.....THE END.

18 comments:

  1. That was a VERY nice video! I've followed you off and on since you had that bad pregnancy. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad you've had such a good ending to quite an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet. I love it when your daughter asks if he is real! I miss her, what a funny kid. I am sure you asked yourself several times the same question. So happy for you guys. Oh, and he is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful baby boy! Words cannot express how happy I am for your family. Cambrie, you are a rockstar and I love your stinkin' guts. I know that I don't have to even say this, but I hope you are enjoying those lovely and handsome little people and I hope to see all of you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that was extremely touching, emotional and beautiful! I'm so sorry for your struggles, but so happy to see such a wonderful happy ending!

    Such a beautiful family and such an awesome surrogate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been following you and your surrogate's story for a while now and want you to know i truly feel the spirit when watching that video and reading your story, i know that this is a tricky situation and for most its not right but for the very few pure intended people this is why heavenly father has given us science. someday i hope i will be brave enough to be a surrogate for someone like you because i have had such an amazing experience as a mother. best wishes and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful video. I had no idea what all you had been through. I am so happy for your happy ending : ) (P.S. I absolutely loved the part where Lydia (she's your youngest, right?) is singing to him. Too cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann shared this with me. What an amazing story! Wow I just cried and cried. Thank you for sharing this beautiful video and your testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading your whole journey. I am started a surrogacy journey myself and hope its as rewarding as yours and Vanessa's!

    From an lds surrogate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all very valid reasons. It's so easy for someone on the outside to just suggest a route because it's not actually their life.We'd been asked numerous times why we just didn't adopt. And we had various reasons for not wanting to.
    Thank's & Regard's
    Best Surrogacy In India

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I am a LDS women in the same situation you was in. We are looking into a gestational carrier for our family. We have adopted 2 beautiful girls and feel like the next path in our family is a surrogate situation. We are in such a beginning process of all of this. I was wondering if you could lead me to any surrogates or women wanting to be involved in a situation like yours. Your video is amazing and I love when your youngest asks if he is real! Touching beyond words. I would love any advice you could render my email is syndee.atkinson@yahoo.com . Thank you for being such a miracle in this search. I have felt amazingly lead to your blog. I can't even imagine the joys you have felt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your blog. I am an LDS woman who had one baby with severe hyperemesis throughout the pregnancy, then lost my next baby to hyperemesis. We are now pursuing surrogacy. This is such a personal thing and so full of morally weighty decisions that most people choose to keep it private, myself included, but I am so grateful that you are willing to share so that we can know we're not alone. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog! I am going to be a surrogate after this baby is born in January 2016 and am excited to start that process and help a family. I am an LDS single mom and when I saw your video on youtube, I knew I had to shoot Vanessa a friend request on Facebook. She is a great gal. My bishop encouraged me against surrogacy but I knew this is the ultimate gift. Something that comes easy to me doesn't to other women and I am so thrilled to help a family, hopefully an LDS family. Your story is such an inspiration to me! -Holly Q

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your blog and sharing your story!

    Surrogacy in US is not an easy journey but your blog is realy helpful
    I want to share www.mysurrogatemom.com website, it's surrogacy community for Intended parents and surrogate mothers in US, Canada, Australia, Europe, etc

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! lds dating

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. filipino dating

    ReplyDelete