Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

pictures say a million words

So these pictures are royally out of order. The main problem is that they are from 5 different cameras. I'm sorry folks, but it would be way too much work to put them in correct order.  I don't have the time with a new baby and 2 adjusting older siblings. But, you can get the idea in a backwards sort of way. Awesome music video of the experience in progress
Girls meet brother

Kiera adoring his toes

meeting baby brother


The Nelson family and Clark and Vanessa


Wonderful supportive husband Clark

Vanessa holding Spencer on the outside : )

"I'm so exhausted!"


Mother and surrogate mother



Putting on my wristband with Vanessa's name

She FINALLY gets some ice chips!

Looking for family features

Newborn nursery

Vanessa taking pictures just hours post-birth

Comparing arm size to Spencer size

Me and my tiny roommate in our room for 2 days


Going home


2 day old visit from Vanessa

At Texas Roadhouse just 11 hours before we headed to the hospital.  All of us joking "now that we are all here and ready, he won't come!"

Picture says it all


After seeing our sweet son for first time

Guys hanging out on the side-lines during labor








Delivering a placenta.  Photographer was yelled at by doctor for this picture




1 comment:

  1. I love the "Picture says it all" photo! Oh my goodness, what an incredible experience. What a woman Vanessa is! I'm now three weeks away from my little boy coming. I keep thinking about how your boy came three weeks early . Man, I don't even have the basinet upstairs yet. I need to get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete