Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Monday, March 12, 2012

My Voice

 With much difficultly, I got 1 picture up.
Fun picture eh?
Today Vanessa and her kids came and hung out with me and my kids.  We are great friends.  I love it.
It was fun to see my kids talk about our baby "cooking" in Vanessa tummy. 
Today she asked me about if I would want to record my voice and have her play my voice to our baby every day.  She was concerned of course that it might be hard or me knowing that the baby would grow to to love her voice and not mine.  It was very sweet of her to think of that and to offer.  Yes, I've thought about that.  And yes, in a way it is sad that baby won't know my voice or recogize my smell.  It is sad that I'll never be able to nurse this baby (I think that is probably the hardest part), but that would be absolutely rediculous of me to dwell on these things.  We are having a healthy baby in just 4 months!  Who cares about if he will recognize my voice.  I will be a stranger to him, but I know he will quickly recognize my love and know that I will always be the one caring for him.
Vanessa said she is still willing to play my voice to baby for 2 hours a day.  But truely, baby will still be hearing her voice 12 hours a day, plus it would be a lot of effort.  So I told her not to worry about it.  But she is sweet to offer to do such a thing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment