Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Attempt # 4 here we go

Tomorrow will be my egg harvesting.  Last they told me I have 18 follicles this time.  yeah!!!  I personally think it was the IUD removal that made the difference.  I'm going to be glad to get this done tomorrow because those 18 little follicles (2cm each on average) feel like 2 fists in my sides.  It is very uncomfortable especially when sitting.  My ovaries must be huge and they are quite sore. I've also been really exhausted and sleepy.  But I'm glad-- this is what we wanted. 
So, ironically:  after my clinic paid for S Utah from California for more sperm and blood(since they discarded the frozen stuff on accident) they almost had to pay for another plane ticket.   They called S just as he was boarding his plane and said "we need you to come back to the clinic-- we need another vile of blood".  He asked them if they wanted to pay for a different plane ticket and they decided they didn't need the blood so badly after all.
I hope that it works this time because we can't afford to try again anytime soon.  This process is crazy expensive.  74% chance this time.  Transfer date Easter Sunday and we'll find out 10 days later if it worked.

1 comment: