Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Injections/bloatedness/and hyperstimulation syndrome

This is my trigger-day swollen belly. When you have 21 2-inch follicles inside of huge ovaries it makes you poof out a bit. It was quite uncomfortable actually.

This is my beautifully scarred abdomen that shows all sorts of signs of my attempts at reproduction. We have lots of bruises and marks from my 4-6 injections per day, we have my lovely stretch marks (1 per pregnancy), and we have my 2nd belly button which is where I had my feeding tube for my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. No exactly bikini ready am I?
Oh, and I'm holding my syringes. I'd like to point out that the needle on my syringe is too big and I would have switched it to a smaller one for my subcutaneous injection in my tummy. But my poor surrogate gets those big of needles every day (intramuscular in her booty). No fun for her-- she's been doing it for MONTHS.



After the transfer I started having symptoms of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Swollen painful abdomen, nausea, shortness of breath, etc.. This would be a concern if I was going to be the one getting pregnant this week, but since I'm not it is something is bothersome and will go away in time. My poor sister in law spent more than a week in the hospital with it with her IVF pregnancy. Just another reason to be glad I'm doing a surrogacy!!!
Lastly our 7 remaining embryos that were good quality were biopsied and are in the process of being tested.  Anxiously awaiting results!

No comments:

Post a Comment