Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lab oops

Today my nurse practitioner (who does all of my management) informed me that she had bad news.  "I feel absolutely sick having to tell you this.  I just can't believe it......"   Meanwhile I'm bracing myself for the worst.  The NP informed me that someone in the lab threw away S's frozen sperm (frozen about 6 months ago from attempt 2). 

When she told me this there was a huge sigh of relief on my part.  That is a fixable problem! ....although not cheap/easy to fix.    She told me this just 2 hours after I had taken S to the airport to fly home from Utah.  So, we immediately bought tickets to fly him back.  It also means $1200 in FDA testing again (government mandated testing to make sure he hasn't picked up any new STD's since the last time he was tested).    Thankfully, the clinic is picking up the tab on all of it.  I'm just glad that this is a fixable problem!
I find out how my little eggs are doing tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment