Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Meet my surrogate

Ok, I'm going to need a fake name for my surrogate. We'll call her Jane (and of course her husband John Doe). Jane gave me the ok to tell information about her as long as I didn't use any names or identifying information.

Jane is from a small town in Idaho, is 34 years old and is married to Joe for 6 years. They have 4 children (2 of which she gave birth to I believe). Jane and Joe have a family business that they do together and Jane works as a medical assistant for a family-practice doctor.

Jane is an experience gestational surrogate. She gave birth to twins in January 2010. She is currently inactive LDS which was what made us most reluctant to use her. Apparently, people in her small branch in Idaho were very judgemental of her last surrogacy and she has been inactive since.

Jane is very nice but she is very laid back about everything which is both good and bad. I can tell she is going to be very easy-going about money and exact dates, but I can also tell she is going to be easy-going about doing things that are very important to me (like returning phone calls and taking care of insurance issues).

Jane came with a lot of good recommendations from her previous intended parents, the attorney, the coordinators at the clinic, etc.. so I'm hoping and praying that she is as great as everyone says she is.

Because of the fact that she is from Idaho she is charging about $10K less than my other potential surrogates were. Cost of living differences I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog!
    Find Surrogate Mother is not an easy task.
    http://mysurrogatemom.com/ is a surrogacy community for surrogates, Intended parents and egg donors

    ReplyDelete