Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Why not adoption?

Once upon a time S. and I had a foster son. He was just 1 month younger that my oldest daughter (11 months). He had been through so much in his little life already and I tried my very best to love him and make things perfectly equal between him and my daughter. But the truth is that I loved my own daughter much more. I made things fair, but it wasn't truely fair because I couldn't help the fact that I loved my own flesh and blood more.

I'm absolutely sure that if I had never been able to have my own children that I would love an adopted child like my own. But I DO have my own children. I'd like to hope that I could love an adopted child as much as my own, but I have no guranteee of that. It would not be fair to a child to bring them into a family and not love them as much. And even if we did, they would always wonder if we did. This is why we have ruled out adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment