Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Why we need a surrogate

Brief background on me: I am happily married to my husband (7 years) and we have 2 daughter who I gave birth to myself. Both of my pregnancies were ridiculously complicated with a very extreme case of hyperemesis graviderum. The first pregnancy was very dangerous and I was fed with an IV for much of it and I wanted to be dead for most of it due to my extreme suffering.
After my first pregnancy we planned a surrogacy. It fell through the same month we found out we were unexpectedly pregnant with #2. Pregnancy #2 was a bit better but still extremely complicated compared to anyone else. I was fed with a feeding tube directly into my intestines and had multiple long hospitalizations.
Having a large family is very important to my and S. so we decided to try pregnancy again. In January of 2010 we were forced to abort our 3rd child because the pregnancy was threatening my life. That was indescribably difficult for me. It was at this time that we decided to hire a surrogate to have our babies for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment