Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Embryos

We found out 2 days ago that we have 8 little Embryos being babysat for us in a lab.  Crazy.  I'm anxious about them and their well-being but there is obviously nothing I can do to change anything.  I've learned that chances of pregnancy actually have very little to do with the skill of the doctor and everything to do with the skills of the lab workers.  Embryos are sensitive to noise, light, contaminated air (coughing on an embryo could ruin chances for pregnancy).  All I can do is pray at this point.

It is 4:30 AM and I've been up since 2 anticipating todays events.  Transfer day.  I will meet Jane and John Doe for the first time today and an hour after that I'll have my baby transfered to Jane.  Crazy stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment