Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Positive pregnancy test

At this point in my medical treatment it is normal for a pregnancy test to come out positive.  This means that all of the hormones are working correctly and we are ready for launch.  So I took a pregancy test and it was positive.  So I took advantage of the situation and called S to tell him  "um,,,  I took a pregnancy test today....and it was positive".........."are you kidding?"  "no-- I'm serious.  It was postive".  After about 30 seconds of letting him flip out I let him know that I wasn't prego.  It was mean, but it was fun to watch his reaction. 
Tomorrow is the big day.  My eggs will leave me, connect with sperm and then the embryos will hang out in a lab for a few days.  (did you know that embryo's sleep?  I didn't know that until this week). 
Good luck to us!!!  Here we go!!

1 comment: