Dual purposed blog: a journal of my experience as an intended parent through surrogacy, and a resource for others going through the same experience.
Also visit my surrogate's blog (Link on the right) for the other half of the story!

Monday, October 11, 2010

One dozen Eggs

I was so nervous to have my ultrasound today.  The doctor started the ultrasound and looked at my first ovary. "Uh-oh....there's nothing here.  2 tiny little eggs........."  My heart sank.  Not again!  This super-dose of medication was supposed to work!  "oh wait-- look at this ovary--  oh there's lots!"    So I have a total of 10 great eggs on the right side and 2 tiny ones on the left side.  The doctor informed me my left ovary is damaged and has poor circulation most likely from an infection earlier in life. 

So, most likely with 12 eggs only 8 will fertilize and only 4 will be good quality.  That is good enough!  YEAH!!!!!

1 comment: